Information Assistance and Counseling Specialist
The Information Assistance and Counseling Specialist will work with Arrowhead Regional Development Commission’s (ARDC) Aging Division to provide direct support, information, and assistance primarily via (VOIP) Voice Over Internet Protocol technology, but also one to one at Minnesota Help Site(s) to seniors, their family members and caregivers about Long-Term Care (LTC) service options and benefits including Medicare and prescription assistance programs. Assist callers to assess needs for services, make decisions about service options, access benefits and connect with formal and informal service providers. Provide basic in-person assistance to help seniors and caregivers learn about and access services and benefits and work through situations that present barriers to obtaining LTC services and to living in the community.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, nursing, gerontology, or related human service field.
- At least one year of professional or internship experience in the social services field, including long-term care, health care provider, social services provider or lead agency setting.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- A reliable vehicle for moderate travel within the region, and occasional travel to the metro area which could result in overnight travel. (Current work is being done remotely with very limited travel.)
- When working offsite, employees must meet specific internet criteria including demonstrated highspeed connect ability and the ability to meet privacy and security standards with secure (password protected) internet.
Salary: $16.00-$23.56/hour ARDC offers a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance (including family), as wells as dental, life, and disability insurance, vacation and sick time, holidays and more.
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Employees could be located in any of the seven NE MN Counties (Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, St. Louis) or WI (Douglas County). There are three work options: work in the Duluth office, a hybrid model meaning partial work in the Duluth office and partial work from home, or fully remote.
For a complete description, click here:
Candidates must follow the application instructions listed below to be considered.
Deadline to apply: 6/10/2022
To be considered for a position, interested candidates must submit a resume AND download and complete the following forms:
- Application for Employment (LINK)
- Certification and Authorization Statement (LINK)
- Data Practices Advisory (LINK)
- Applicant Data Record (voluntary) (LINK)
Completed application materials may be submitted:
- By email to email@example.com
- By mail to ARDC, Human Resource Manager, 221 W. First Street, Duluth, MN 55802
Applications must be received by the position closing date. If selected for an interview, we will contact you. Applicants should update the ARDC with any changes to their contact information. Any questions may be directed to Krista Mattila at 218-529-7543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Statement: The Arrowhead Regional Development Commission provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, place of residence, status with regard to public assistance, special disabled veterans, Vietnam-era veterans, other eligible veterans, and any other protected category as defined by statute. Read ARDC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: ARDC is committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees and of the communities we serve.
Reception of Applications: ARDC only accepts applications in response to a job posting. A completed application packet with original signatures is required when applying with ARDC, and resumes in lieu of the completed application packet are not accepted. All sections of the application must be completed for consideration. Resumes may be attached to the completed application. Applications will remain on file for one year.