Transportation Coordinator Intern
The Planning Division of the Arrowhead Regional Development Commission (ARDC), located in Duluth, MN, is seeking a part-time, 10-20 hours/week, Transportation Coordinator Intern for the SPRING 2021 school year.
Riding the bus can be an overwhelming experience when potential riders are unfamiliar with bus service and how it operates. The Transportation Coordinator Intern will work with ARDC’s Planning Division staff on developing a transit advocate curriculum specific to the Arrowhead Region’s public transit and on-demand transit bus services. The Transportation Coordinator Intern will assist the Regional Transportation Coordinating Council (RTCC) Coordinator to develop curriculum to identify specific rider needs, develop methodology for both general and individualized travel trainer education, develop evaluation methods to track the success of the project.
To be qualified, candidates must:
- Be enrolled at a college or university with the ability to register for intern credits, preferably in an Education, Sociology, Social Work, Transportation or related program.
- Be competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), and social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- This position will work remotely. Sufficient internet service is required.
Hours: 10-20 hours/week (flexible with student’s schedule)
For a complete description, click here.
Candidates must follow the application instructions listed below to be considered.
Deadline to apply: December 6, 2020.
To be considered for a position, interested candidates must submit a resume AND download and complete the following forms:
- Application for Employment (LINK)
- Certification and Authorization Statement (LINK)
- Data Practices Advisory (LINK)
- Applicant Data Record (voluntary) (LINK)
Completed application materials may be submitted:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to ARDC, Human Resource Manager, 221 W. First Street, Duluth, MN 55802
Applications must be received by the position closing date. If selected for an interview, we will contact you. Applicants should update the ARDC with any changes to their contact information. Any questions may be directed to Krista Mattila at 218-529-7543 or email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement:The Arrowhead Regional Development Commission provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, place of residence, status with regard to public assistance, special disabled veterans, Vietnam-era veterans, other eligible veterans, and any other protected category as defined by statute. Read ARDC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement.
Reception of Applications: ARDC only accepts applications in response to a job posting. A completed application packet with original signatures is required when applying with ARDC, and resumes in lieu of the completed application packet are not accepted. All sections of the application must be completed for consideration. Resumes may be attached to the completed application. Applications will remain on file for one year.