Beaver Bay Comprehensive Plan Update
ARDC is currently working with the City of Beaver Bay to update its Comprehensive Plan. This is an update of the 2006 plan document, a document and planning process in which ARDC also assisted. The 2006 plan can be seen here.
A comprehensive plan document sets community priorities and becomes an expression of a community’s vision. It provides a framework for local government officials to work to reach that vision. The planning process and document offer a strategic map for proactively planning for changes in the future that will guide decision-makers in spending public funds to the maximum benefit.
The plan includes multiple components including: a demographic analysis; resource assessment; housing; transportation; health; utilities and community facilities; agricultural, natural, and cultural resources; economic development; land use; intergovernmental cooperation; and implementation strategies.
- A kickoff meeting was held on September 9, 2016.
- On October 13, 2016, ARDC facilitated a Public Visioning Session. Find meeting materials below:
- On November 29, 2016, the Committee met to review survey results and information gathered at the visioning session. Find meeting materials below:
- On January 11, 2017, the Committee met to review a draft of recommendations for each chapter of the plan. Find meeting materials below:
- On March 30, 2017, the Committee met to gather public input on the Comprehensive Plan.
- The Beaver Bay Council Meeting Public Hearing will take place on May 9, 2017 to take comments prior to adoption of the new plan. More meeting details to come.
ARDC is accepting comments in regards to the new plan through April 21, 2017. Take a look at the final plan and let us know what you think!
For more information on ARDC’s comprehensive planning efforts, please contact:
221 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802
Phone: 218-529-7529 (direct)
Toll-free: 1-800-232-0707 ext. 529