Beaver Bay Comprehensive Plan Update
ARDC is currently working with the City of Beaver Bay to update its Comprehensive Plan. This is an update of the 2006 plan document, a document and planning process in which ARDC also assisted. The 2006 plan can be seen here.
A comprehensive plan document sets community priorities and becomes an expression of a community’s vision. It provides a framework for local government officials to work to reach that vision. The planning process and document offer a strategic map for proactively planning for changes in the future that will guide decision-makers in spending public funds to the maximum benefit.
The plan includes multiple components including: a demographic analysis; resource assessment; housing; transportation; health; utilities and community facilities; agricultural, natural, and cultural resources; economic development; land use; intergovernmental cooperation; and implementation strategies.
- A kickoff meeting was held on September 9, 2016.
- On October 13, 2016, ARDC facilitated a Public Visioning Session. Find meeting materials below:
- On November 29, 2016, the Committee met to review survey results and information gathered at the visioning session. Find meeting materials below:
- On January 11, 2017, the Committee met to review a draft of recommendations for each chapter of the plan. Find meeting materials below:
- On February 21, 2017, the Committee met to gather public input on the Comprehensive Plan.
For more information on ARDC’s comprehensive planning efforts, please contact:
221 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802
Phone: 218-529-7529 (direct)
Toll-free: 1-800-232-0707 ext. 529